SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

vol.6 issue3Multi-organ failure in patients with human immunodeficiency virus, when to think about Hemophagocytic Syndrome ?. About two clinical cases. author indexsubject indexarticles search
Home Pagealphabetic serial listing  

Services on Demand



Related links


Revista Uruguaya de Medicina Interna

Print version ISSN 2393-6797On-line version ISSN 2393-6797


RICAGNI, Leandro; RIVERO, Milexis; PEREDA, Pablo  and  QUARNETI, Aldo. First Radiosurgery for vestibular schwannoma in the Uruguayan public system, Hospital Regional de Tacuarembó. North Cancer Center. Rev. Urug. Med. Int. [online]. 2021, vol.6, n.3, pp.101-107.  Epub Dec 01, 2021. ISSN 2393-6797.

Vestibular schwannomas are slow-growing benign tumors. Approximately 90% are unilateral, the remaining 10% are bilateral and are associated with Neurofibromatosis type 2 syndrome. Treatment options are observation, surgery or

radiosurgery. Radiosurgery is a safe treatment, with high local control rates and low morbidity in vestibular schwannomas smaller than 3 cm in major diameter. We report the first radiosurgery performed in the Uruguayan public system for this type of pathology.

Keywords : Vestibular Schwannoma; radiosurgery.

        · abstract in Spanish | Portuguese     · text in Spanish     · Spanish ( pdf )