SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

 
vol.15 número22Prevalencia de la Hipomineralización Molar-Incisiva (MIH) en niños con diferente cobertura asistencial (privada y pública) en Montevideo, UruguayOrientación empática en estudiantes de odontología de la Universidad Central del Este índice de autoresíndice de materiabúsqueda de artículos
Home Pagelista alfabética de revistas  

Servicios Personalizados

Revista

Articulo

Indicadores

Links relacionados

  • No hay articulos similaresSimilares en SciELO

Compartir


Odontoestomatología

versión On-line ISSN 1688-9339

Resumen

PELAEZ, Alina Noelia; PONCE, Alejandro Javier  y  MAZZA, Silvia Matilde. Validation of the calibrated probe as measuring Dental Aesthetic Index. Odontoestomatología [online]. 2013, vol.15, n.22, pp.16-23. ISSN 1688-9339.

Abstract Objective: Compare the values obtained with calibrated probe and with drypoint compass as measuring instrument in implementing the Dental Aesthetic Index (DAI). Methodology: In 50 patients over 12 years with permanent dentition from ofDental Hospital, Faculty of Dentistry UNNE,were measured the variables that built the DAI, alternating both measuring instruments and estimated the DAI. Results: In 86% of cases both instruments yielded identical values for the DAI variables and the remaining 14% did not exceed one mm. The correlation between the final score of the DAI, measuring variables with calibrated probe and drypoint compass, was statistically significant (r = 0.999). Conclusions: Variations between measures not influence the final score of the indexvalidates the calibrated probe as a tool of registration for calculating the DAI

Palabras clave : Malocclusion; Aesthetics Dental; Corrective Orthodontics; Dental Instruments.

        · resumen en Español     · texto en Español     · Español ( pdf )

 

Creative Commons License Todo el contenido de esta revista, excepto dónde está identificado, está bajo una Licencia Creative Commons